Spring Roo in Action is a unique book that teaches you how to code Java in Roo, with a particular focus on Spring-based applications. Through hands-on examples, you'll learn how Roo creates well-formed application structures and supports best practices and tools. Plus, you'll get a quick-and-dirty guide to setting up Roo effectively in your environment.
About the Technology
Roo is a lightweight Java console shell that simplifies compile-time tasks. It improves productivity by enforcing correct coding practices and patterns and integrates with mainstream Java technologies, including ActiveMQ, GWT, JPA, and OSGi. And, when you finish coding, it gets out of the way so there’s no runtime impact.
About the Book
Spring Roo in Action teaches you to code Java more efficiently using Roo. With the help of many examples, it shows you how to build application components from the database layer to the user interface. The book takes a test-first approach and points out how Roo can help automate many of the mundane details of coding Java apps. Along the way, you’ll address important topics like security, messaging, and cloud computing.
This book is for Java developers who want to get more productive by using Roo.
Learn Roo from the ground up
Integrate with existing projects
Create custom add-ons
Use Roo with Spring
About the Authors
Ken Rimple is a veteran Java developer, trainer, mentor, and head of Chariot’s Education Services team, a VMWare training partner. He lives in the Philadelphia area. Srini Penchikala is a security architect with over 16 years of experience in software design and development. He lives in Austin, Texas.
Table of Contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About this Book
- About the Authors
- About the Cover Illustration
- Part 1. Starting Spring apps rapidly with Roo
- Chapter 1. What is Spring Roo?
- Chapter 2. Getting started with Roo
- Part 2. Databases and entities
- Chapter 3. Database persistence with entities
- Chapter 4. Relationships, JPA, and advanced persistence
- Part 3. Web development
- Chapter 5. Rapid web applications with Roo
- Chapter 6. Advanced web applications
- Chapter 7. RIA and other web frameworks
- Chapter 8. Configuring security
- Part 4. Integration
- Chapter 9. Testing your application
- Chapter 10. Enterprise services—email and messaging
- Chapter 11. Roo add-ons
- Chapter 12. Advanced add-ons and deployment
- Part 5. Roo in the cloud
- Chapter 13. Cloud computing
- Chapter 14. Workflow applications using Spring Integration
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: Spring Roo in Action
- Release date: April 2012
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781935182962