Signing Up for an Affiliate Network
After you locate a specific program or an affiliate network that appeals to you, you can sign up. The process typically takes fewer than ten minutes.
Follow these steps to sign up for the LinkShare program, for example:
- Go to the site's home page at www.linkshare.com.
- Click the Publishers link.
A page that describes CPA advertising appears.
- Click the Join Now (100% Free) button at the bottom of the page.
A new page opens, as shown in Figure 2-2, with a form for you to fill in basic information. The page has three boxes along the top, labeled with numbers. The boxes represent the steps you take to register.
- Fill in your company and account information, and click the Go to Step 2 button.
The form contains standard questions, such as company name, address, and employer identification number (EIN) or Social Security number. On this page, you're also asked to read the affiliate agreement and ensure that you agree with the terms.
- Enter the short security key that appears at the bottom of the page and click Continue.
A new page appears that asks for information about your Web site. On this page, you're also asked to complete information concerning how you want to receive payments.
- Fill in the payment information and click the Finish button.
Watch for an e-mail message from the company for further instructions ...