Keeping Your Shopping Cart Simple
Most studies about online shopping include the percentage of online e-commerce shopping carts that are left abandoned by their users. Some statistics state that customers abandon anywhere from 45 to 90 percent of all shopping carts, for a variety of reasons:
- They're turned off by the high cost of either the item or the shipping and handling.
- They can't find all the information or functionality that they need to finish.
- They're uncomfortable registering or handing over credit card data online.
- They're unsure how to completely check out with their items and pay for their purchases.
- They're afraid to place their final orders.
For these reasons, keep in mind some helpful tips and avoid the common traps of having shopping carts on your e-commerce site: