Comprehensive coverage of the four major trading styles
Evolution of a Trader explores the four trading styles that people use when learning to trade or invest in the stock market. Often, beginners enter the stock market by:
Buying and holding onto a stock (value investing). That works well until the trend ends or a bear market begins. Then they try
Position trading. This is the same as buy-and-hold, except the technique sells positions before a significant trend change occurs.
Swing trading follows when traders increase their frequency of trading, trying to catch the short-term up and down swings. Finally, people try
Day trading by completing their trades in a single day.
This series provides comprehensive coverage of the four trading styles by offering numerous tips, sharing discoveries, and discussing specific trading setups to help you become a successful trader or investor as you journey through each style.
Trading Basics takes an in-depth look at money management, stops, support and resistance, and offers dozens of tips every trader should know.
Fundamental Analysis and Position Trading discusses when to sell a buy-and-hold position, uncovers which fundamentals work best, and uses them to find stocks that become 10-baggers—stocks that climb by 10 times their original value.
Swing and Day Trading reveals methods to time the market swings, including specific trading setups, but it covers the basics as well, such as setting up a home trading office and how much money you can make day trading.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Swing Trading
- Chapter 2: Swinging Techniques
Chapter 3: Swinging Chart Patterns
- WHICH CHART PATTERNS WORK BEST FOR SWINGERS?
- TRADING THE HIGH AND TIGHT FLAG
- HTF TRADE IN INSTEEL INDUSTRIES
- FISHING FOR INVERTED AND ASCENDING SCALLOPS
- SCALLOP TRADING TIPS
- TWICE IS NICE: EVE & EVE DOUBLE BOTTOMS
- TRADING EVE & EVE
- TOP SEVEN FREQUENTLY TRADED CHART PATTERNS
- MY FAVORITE CHART PATTERNS
- SWINGING THROWBACKS AND PULLBACKS
- TRADING EXAMPLE
- CNO THROWBACK ENTRY
- MEASURING SWINGS
- FTO TRADE
- CHAPTER CHECKLIST
- Chapter 4: Swing Selling
- Chapter 5: Event Pattern Setups
- Chapter 6: Swinging Tools and Setups
- Chapter 7: Introduction to Day Trading
Chapter 8: Day Trading Basics
- MANAGING EXPECTATIONS: HOW MUCH CAN YOU REALLY MAKE?
- BUILDING THE HOME OFFICE
- OFFICE SETUP COST
- PATTERN DAY TRADING RULES
- WASH SALE RULE
- EIGHT TIPS FOR PICKING STOCKS TO DAY TRADE
- PRICE REVERSAL TIMES REVEALED!
- WHAT TIME SETS INTRADAY HIGH AND LOW?
- INSIDE LEVEL II QUOTES
- HEARTBEAT OF THE MARKET: TIME-AND-SALES TICKER
- PRE-MARKET CHECKLIST
- AFTER-MARKET ANALYSIS
- CHAPTER CHECKLIST
- Chapter 9: Opening Gap Setup
- Chapter 10: Day Trading Chart Patterns
- Chapter 11: Opening Range Breakout
- Chapter 12: Ten Horror Stories
- Chapter 13: Closing Position
- Chapter 14: What We Learned
- Visual Appendix of Chart Patterns
- About the Author
- Title: Swing and Day Trading: Evolution of a Trader
- Release date: January 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118464229
You might also like
A Guide to Creating A Successful Algorithmic Trading Strategy
Turn insight into profit with guru guidance toward successful algorithmic trading A Guide to Creating a …
Trading Systems and Methods, + Website, 5th Edition
The ultimate guide to trading systems, fully revised and updated For nearly thirty years, professional and …
Mastering the Stock Market: High Probability Market Timing and Stock Selection Tools
Noted technical analyst John Person outlines a comprehensive method to pinpointing today's best trading opportunities The …
Trading Price Action Reversals: Technical Analysis of Price Charts Bar by Bar for the Serious Trader
A detailed guide to profiting from trend reversals using the technical analysis of price action The …