The first example creates a Windows Installer-based application, using 7-Zip (www.7-zip.org) as the sample application. The .msi files for both x86 and x64 are already downloaded and saved to the share \\armada\ConfigMgr\Packages\Software\7-Zip.
Perform the following steps to start the Create Application Wizard:
1. Open the Configuration Manager console, and select the Software Library workspace.
2. In the workspace, expand Application Management.
3. Right-click the Applications node.
4. Select Create Application from the menu.
When the wizard starts, it opens the General page with two options, as shown in Figure 12.1:
• To automatically detect the application information using existing content ...