Creating a Windows Installer (MSI)-Based Application
The first example creates a Windows Installer-based application, using 7-Zip (www.7-zip.org) as the sample application. The .msi files for both x86 and x64 are already downloaded and saved to the share \\armada\ConfigMgr\Packages\Software\7-Zip.
Perform the following steps to start the Create Application Wizard:
1. Open the Configuration Manager console, and select the Software Library workspace.
2. In the workspace, expand Application Management.
3. Right-click the Applications node.
4. Select Create Application from the menu.
When the wizard starts, it opens the General page with two options, as shown in Figure 12.1:
• To automatically detect the application information using existing content ...
Get System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Unleashed now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.