INSTALLATION AND OPERATIONS
This chapter examines the activities needed to install an information system and successfully convert an organization to using it. It also discusses post-implementation activities, such as system support, system maintenance, and project assessment. Installing the system and making it available for use from a technical perspective is relatively straightforward. However, the training and organizational issues surrounding the installation are more complex and challenging because they focus on people, not computers.
- Be familiar with the system installation process
- Understand different types of conversion strategies and when to use them
- Understand several techniques for managing change
- Be familiar with post-installation processes
- Cultural Issues and Information Technology Adoption
- Change Management
- Post-Implementation Activities
- Applying the Concepts at CD Selections
It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than the creation of a new system. For the initiator has the animosity of all who would ...