6. The New Talent Strategy Game Plan
• How can your talent strategy increase business value?
• What is the right talent tactic: build, buy, or borrow?
• How does talent availability impact planning for critical roles?
• What is the right “capital structure” for human capital?
The value-driven talent strategy (see Figure 6.1) recognizes that a subset of roles is more crucial than all others to producing and sustaining a company’s intellectual capital. Because IC is often the largest part of enterprise value, having the right talent in those critical roles is a business imperative.
© 2014 Human Capital Formation, LLC