Suggested Preliminary Reading
- Veblen, Thorstein (1899) The Theory of the Leisure Class. New York: Modern Library.
- Stevens, Garry (1998) The Favored Circle: The Social Foundations of Architectural Distinction. Cambridge, Mass: MIT Press.
- Rybczynski, Witold (2002) “The Bilbao Effect.” The Atlantic Monthly, September. www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/issues/2002/09/rybczynski.htm.
Recommended Further Reading
- Tuan, Yi-Fu (1977) Space and Place: The Perspective of Experience, U of Minnesota Press.
- Goldhagen, Sarah (2001) “Architecture: Boring Buildings,” The American Prospect, 12 December. prospect.org/article/architecture-boring-buildings.
- Penick, Monica (2017) Tastemaker: Elizabeth Gordon, ...
Get Taste, Consumption and Markets now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.