Testing Microservices with Mountebank is your guide to the ins and outs of testing microservices with service virtualization. The book offers unique insights into microservices application design and state-of-the-art testing practices that will deepen your microservices skills and improve your applications.
About the Technology
Even if you lab test each service in isolation, it's challenging --and potentially dangerous-- to test a live microservices system that's changing and growing. Fortunately, you can use Mountebank to "imitate" the components of a distributed microservices application to give you a good approximation of the runtime conditions as you test individual services.
About the Book
Testing Microservices with Mountebank introduces the powerful practice of service virtualization. In it, author Brandon Byars, Mountebank's creator, offers unique insights into microservices application design and state-of-the-art testing practices. You'll expand your understanding of microservices as you work with Mountebank's imposters, responses, behaviors, and programmability. By mastering the powerful testing techniques in this unique book, your microservices skills will deepen and your applications will improve. For real.
- The core concepts of service virtualization
- Testing using canned responses
- Programming Mountebank
- Performance testing
About the Reader
Written for developers familiar with SOA or microservices systems.
About the Author
Brandon Byars is the author and chief maintainer of Mountebank and a principal consultant at ThoughtWorks.
Table of Contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About this book
- About the author
- About the cover illustration
Part 1. First Steps
- Chapter 1. Testing microservices
- Chapter 2. Taking mountebank for a test drive
Part 2. Using mountebank
- Chapter 3. Testing using canned responses
- Chapter 4. Using predicates to send different responses
- Chapter 5. Adding record/replay behavior
- Chapter 6. Programming mountebank
- Chapter 7. Adding behaviors
- Chapter 8. Protocols
Part 3. Closing the Loop
- Chapter 9. Mountebank and continuous delivery
- Chapter 10. Performance testing with mountebank
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: Testing Microservices with Mountebank
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781617294778