Book DescriptionTap into everyday courage for extraordinary results
The Courageous Leader presents a much-needed reminder for leaders everywhere: it takes courage. Courage is not just about heroic acts in grandiose situations—it's about everyday, solid-as-a-rock support and leadership that motivates, inspires, and delivers. It's about taking a risk on a great idea, and it's about seeing opportunities in the day-to-day. Courageous leaders aren't necessarily the bold "Navy SEALS" of the workplace; they're the everyday people who lead steadily through rough waters. They don't seek out discomfort, but accept it as part of the process when it occurs, and still deliver exceptional results. This book shows you how to tap into your courage reserves and build your steel. Real stories of everyday leaders show you how it's done, and provide a new lens for seeing real strength in adversity—and practicing it yourself.
Tough situations do arise, but great leaders show courage every day. Keeping your strength in reserve for the big problems leaves you operating at less-than-full capacity the rest of the time—and your people deserve better. This book shows you how to exercise courage every day in small situations to build the unshakeable foundation of a great leader.
- Move beyond your comfort zone
- Develop your ability to focus through tough times
- Tap into your natural courage and hone your leadership ability
- Leverage your strength in situations large and small
The more you exercise courage, the stronger it gets; this book shows you how to use it every day to more effectively navigate small challenges—when the big problems arise, you'll face them with The Courageous Leader.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Business Case for Courage
- 2 The Courage to Get Unstuck
- 3 The Courage to Take a Stand
- 4 The Courage to Be Humble
- 5 The Courage to Be Confident
- 6 The Courage to Delegate
- 7 The Courage to Give and Receive Feedback
- 8 The Courage to Be in the Middle (and Not Be in the Middle)
- 9 Grow, Recover, Repeat
- 10 Big Dreams, Big Moves
- About the Author
- Title: The Courageous Leader
- Release date: March 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119331612