21 Reminders for in the Rubble
This chapter wraps together some the most important lessons from the Field Guide. it gives you a summary of the newView and its implications. it presents you with five reminders each about:
- Your own organization and the nature of safety and risk in it;
- What to think about when investigating human error;
- doing something about your human error problem;
- how to recognize old View thinking;
- how to create progress on safety with the new View.
Whatever you try to understand about human error, do not forget to take the point of view of the person inside the situation (see Figure 21.1)
Get The Field Guide to Understanding Human Error, 2nd Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.