Follow the rainmakers
This way can be followed by any investor. It is most suited, though, to type 3 personalities.
What topics are covered in this chapter?
- Is investment out-performance a fool’s game?
- Why the efficient market hypothesis is wrong
- Examples of people who beat the market
- How can you benefit?
- Is it practical to follow the rainmakers?
- Warning about funds
- Beware of new stars
- Should you exercise any discretion?
- What about company directors’ moves?
- Who is this way best for?
- Overall evaluation
Is investment out-performance a fool’s game?
You may often hear people say the following:
- ‘The stock market is a casino’;
- ‘It’s no use trying to beat the market’;
- ‘Stock market prices are a random walk so it’s all a matter of luck’; ...