Needs Are Not Wants, and Means Are Not Ends
Understand, please, that everything that is called a “need” or a “needs assessment” really might not be real needs nor needs assessments. Following is an exercise that could help you and your partners sort out what are needs and needs assessments.
Foggy World-Wide Industries: A hypothetical case study.4 Here is a hypothetical example of the results of a “needs assessment” done by Foggy World-Wide Industries:
Foggy World-Wide Industries
“Needs Assessment” Summary
1. “We have to have everyone be managing with vision.”
2. “We need to be world class.”
3. “We have to be competitive.”
4. “We need more executive development and training.”
5. “We need to cut production cycle time.”
6. “A need exists ...