You need to get value from your software project. You need it "free, now, and perfect." We can't get you there, but we can help you get to "cheaper, sooner, and better." This book leads you from the desire for value down to the specific activities that help good Agile projects deliver better software sooner, and at a lower cost. Using simple sketches and a few words, the author invites you to follow his path of learning and understanding from a half century of software development and from his engagement with Agile methods from their very beginning.
Table of contents
The Nature of Software Development
- For the Best Reading Experience...
- Table of Contents
- Early praise for The Nature of Software Development
Part 1: The Circle of Value
- Chapter 1: The Search for Value
- Chapter 2: Value Is What We Want
- Chapter 3: Guiding Goes Better “Feature by Feature”
- Chapter 4: Organizing by Feature
- Chapter 5: Planning Feature by Feature
- Chapter 6: Building the Product, Feature by Feature
- Chapter 7: Build Features and Foundation in Parallel
- Chapter 8: Bug-Free and Well Designed
- Chapter 9: Full Circle
Part 2: Notes and Essays
- Chapter 10: Value—What Is It?
- Chapter 11: Value—How Can We Measure It?
- Chapter 12: Of Course It’s Hard!
- Chapter 13: Not That Simple
- Chapter 14: Creating Teams That Thrive
- Chapter 15: The “Five-Card Method”for Initial Forecasting
- Chapter 16: Managing Natural Software Development
- Chapter 17: Whip the Ponies Harder
- Chapter 18: To Speed Up, Build with Skill
- Chapter 19: Refactoring
- Chapter 20: Agile Methods
- Chapter 21: Scaling Agile
- Chapter 22: Conclusion
- Title: The Nature of Software Development
- Release date: February 2015
- Publisher(s): Pragmatic Bookshelf
- ISBN: 9781941222379
You might also like
Grokking Algorithms is a friendly take on this core computer science topic. In it, you'll learn …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …
The Definitive Guide to Java Platform Best Practices–Updated for Java 7, 8, and 9 Java has …