Every business wants to hire the right people and to create successful teams. And job seekers want to find rewarding positions that pay fairly and make them feel valued. But in the digital era, traditional interviewing and staffing processes are no longer effective. This report examines how the hiring process today is leaning toward new technologies, from big data to artificial intelligence to scientifically based skill assessments—all in an effort to make the process more human.
Author Esther Schindler takes hiring managers, HR professionals, and job seekers through several options available for improving the way companies hire talent and the methods qualified applicants can attract attention. Two-dozen interviews with recruiters, job seekers, hiring consultants, and recruiting-software execs reveal where today’s hiring process is headed.
With this report, you’ll discover:
- How hiring practices have changed due to the wide availability of data and social profiles, company information, and skills assessment
- Recurring problems that have broken traditional hiring practices, including assessment processes that fail to identify qualified candidates
- The new breed of hiring tools, including AI to tackle applicant data, virtual reality to make companies appealing, and metrics to identify talent
- How different recruiters view success in today’s effort to remake the hiring process
Table of Contents
1. The New Way to Hire
- The Changing World of Hiring
- The Broken Hiring Process
- A New Breed of Hiring Tools
- What Success Looks Like
- Title: The New Way to Hire
- Release date: July 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491974148