This chapter covers the first item in the P.A.t.h. checklist, “P” for Persistence, and it shows how to assess performance health and how to interpret the resulting data to improve system performance.
The objectives of this chapter are:
- Know the biggest performance problem in Java server-side software and the two most common anti-patterns that cause it.
- Learn how to diagnose application performance problems caused by:
- Individual JDBC SQL queries
- Multiple JDBC SQL queries, regardless of how fast the individual queries run
- Learn how a small development ...