TAKE HOME POINTS
This is a big chapter and an important one for the success of your work with Umbraco. It's the foundation of what makes Umbraco such an impressive CMS and a development framework. Here's what you should be taking away from Chapter 5:
- Using macros to extend the functionality of your Umbraco pages and content.
- Using XSLT to render content in various formats, including menus, content snippets like news lists, etc.
- Leveraging the power of .NET user controls to include extended functionality, anything you can think of!
- An understanding of IronPython and IronRuby as macro languages.
- Tapping into Umbraco Contour to provide interactive forms to the end users of your website.