A transformative system that shows leaders how to rethink their strategies, retool their capabilities, and revitalize their businesses for stronger, longer-lasting success.
There’s a learning curve to running any successful business. But when leaders begin to rely on past achievements or get stuck in old thinking and practices that no longer work, they need to take a step back—and unlearn. This innovative and actionable framework from executive coach Barry O’Reilly shows leaders how to break the cycle and move away from once-useful mindsets and behaviors that were effective in the past but are no longer relevant in the current business climate and may now stand in the way of success.
With this simple but powerful three-step system, leaders can: 1. Unlearn the behaviors and mindsets that keep them and their businesses from moving forward. 2. Relearn the skills, strategies, and innovations that are transforming the world every day. 3. Break through old habits and thinking by opening up to new ideas, perspectives, and resources. Good leaders know they need to continuously learn. But great leaders know when to unlearn the past to succeed in the future. This book shows them the way.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction: The Remarkable Power of Unlearning
- Chapter 1: Why Unlearn?
- Chapter 2: How to Unlearn
- Chapter 3: Unlearning the Obstacles to Unlearning
- Chapter 4: Unlearn
- Chapter 5: Relearn
- Chapter 6: Breakthrough
- Chapter 7: Unlearning Management
- Chapter 8: Unlearning with Customers
- Chapter 9: Unlearning with People and Organizations
- Chapter 10: Unlearning Incentives
- Chapter 11: Unlearning with Business and Product Innovation
- Chapter 12: Conclusion
- About the Author
- Title: Unlearn: Let Go of Past Success to Achieve Extraordinary Results
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781260143027