Learn to identify the social engineer by non-verbal behavior
Unmasking the Social Engineer: The Human Element of Security focuses on combining the science of understanding non-verbal communications with the knowledge of how social engineers, scam artists and con men use these skills to build feelings of trust and rapport in their targets. The author helps readers understand how to identify and detect social engineers and scammers by analyzing their non-verbal behavior. Unmasking the Social Engineer shows how attacks work, explains nonverbal communications, and demonstrates with visuals the connection of non-verbal behavior to social engineering and scamming.
Clearly combines both the practical and technical aspects of social engineering security
Reveals the various dirty tricks that scammers use
Pinpoints what to look for on the nonverbal side to detect the social engineer
Sharing proven scientific methodology for reading, understanding, and deciphering non-verbal communications, Unmasking the Social Engineer arms readers with the knowledge needed to help protect their organizations.
Table of Contents
- Acknowledgments and Preface
Part I: Building the Foundation
- Chapter 1: What Is Nonverbal Communication?
- Chapter 2: What Is Social Engineering?
Part II: Decoding the Language of the Body
- Chapter 3: Understanding the Language of the Hands
- Chapter 4: The Torso, Legs, and Feet
- Chapter 5: The Science Behind the Face
- Chapter 6: Understanding Nonverbal Displays of Comfort and Discomfort
Part III: Deciphering the Science
- Chapter 7: The Human Emotional Processor
- Chapter 8: The Nonverbal Side of Elicitation
- Part IV: Putting It All Together
- Title: Unmasking the Social Engineer: The Human Element of Security
- Release date: February 2014
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118899564