B.4 CHAPTER 2: INTEGRATED VVT PROGRAM SUMMARY
This chapter describes the integrated VVT program schedule and the VVT program management organization structure. These VVT planning steps must be synchronized with the project Gantt charts and the project budget as defined in the project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
B.4.1 Integrated VVT Program Schedule
Figure B.2 is a Gantt chart that illustrates the structure of an integrated VVT master schedule for a system’s development. The chart has the following purposes:
1. The schedule shall show how VVT activities synchronize with the project plan.
2. The main project engineering activities and the major milestones shall be identified.
3. The main VVT activities shall be identified, for example, development of VVT products, Validation and Verification (V&V) of requirements and design documents, subsystem and system tests and ground and flight test.
B.4.2 VVT Program Management
This section shall describe the VVT organization structure as implemented in the specific project and will include:
1. Subordination of different teams (system engineering, quality assurance, integration, etc.)
2. Responsibility of all participating organizations involved in the VVT process (e.g., VVT manager and staff, developers, testers, evaluators, users)
3. Identification of the test program structure ...