Multicloud loosely describes an organization's use of more than one cloud provider, but the term doesn't reveal much beyond that. The polycloud model, on the other hand, addresses the recent trend by cloud providers to add differentiated capabilities that allow organizations to use different cloud providers for different purposes. Many organizations adopting a cloud strategy today are pursuing services that fit the new polycloud model.
In this report, recognized industry thought leader Lee Atchison describes what polycloud is and how it compares to and differs from other cloud architectural models, including multicloud. C-suite and engineering executives will learn where, when, and how to take advantage of the polycloud paradigm. You'll also learn when to specifically avoid using it.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of using a polycloud architecture
- Explore examples of polycloud architectures for fictitious applications
- Review guidelines that can help you be successful with a polycloud architectural strategy
- Learn how to improve availability in a polycloud environment
- Explore examples of service-differentiated polycloud architectures
- Decide when you should use a polycloud rather than a multicloud or single cloud environment
Table of contents
- 1. What Is Polycloud?
- 2. Paths to Polycloud
- 3. Examples of Service-Differentiated Polycloud Architectures
- 4. When Should You Use Polycloud?
- Title: What Is Polycloud?
- Release date: May 2021
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781098104627
You might also like
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Dominated by streaming data and events, the next generation of software development optimizes not only how …