38 ASC 710 Compensation—General
PERSPECTIVE AND ISSUES
ASC 710, Compensation-General, contains one subtopic:
ASC 710-10, Overall, which is divided into two subsections:
- General, which provides guidance on compensated absences, deferred compensation, and lump-sum payments under union contract
- Deferred Compensation—Rabbi Trusts.
Scope and Scope Exceptions
ASC 710 applies to all entities, but as listed in 710-10-15-5, it does not apply to the following transactions:
- Benefits paid to active employees other than compensated absences
- Benefits paid at retirement or provided through a pension or postretirement benefit plan including special or contractual termination benefits payable upon termination from a pension or other postretirement plan are covered by Subtopics 715-30 and 715-60.
- Individual deferred compensation contracts that are addressed by Subtopics 715-30 and 715-60, if those contracts, taken together, are equivalent to a defined benefit pension plan or a defined benefit other postretirement benefit plan, respectively.
- Special or contractual termination benefits that are not payable from a pension or other postretirement plan are covered by Topic 712
- Stock compensation plans that are addressed by Topic 718
- Other postemployment benefits (see Topic ...