Chapter 10. Ongoing Maintenance: Fend Off Future Threats!
IN THIS CHAPTER
- Note to Self: Keep Computer Secure
- Daily Routines: Walk the Dog, Feed the Kids, and Secure the Computer
- Weekly Routines: Never Be Bored on Saturday Morning
- Monthly Routines: Clean the Garage, Trim the Hedge, and Update Windows
- Bathe Once a Year Whether You Need It or Not and Reformat and Reinstall, Too
- The Absolute Minimum
The advice in this book is going to make your computer more secure than it ever was before. But just because your system is now malware-resistant doesn’t mean it will be forever. You’ll need to do a little ongoing maintenance. So in this chapter I’ll show you what to do on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to keep your computer free of computer ...