In this chapter we will continue our exploration of the WordPress universe by using Ajax to create a cleaner user experience for the WordPress site search form. Don't worry if you've never used Ajax before. We'll explain what it is, how to use it in your plugins, and also how to debug it.
In this chapter, you will:
- Learn a bit about Ajax
- Augment the default search functionality using jQuery and Ajax
- Learn how to include Ajax functionality in your plugins
- Create a plugin that displays search results automatically without you having to submit the form
- Learn techniques for debugging Ajax scripts
- Learn how to tie jQuery into your plugins
- Learn how to test your PHP version
- Use more API features
- Create a plugin that uses classes and external ...