• Using your email program’s filing and rules capabilities to allow you to focus on the messages that matter most right away while automatically storing others you want to read and respond to later
• Creating a daily process for checking your email that works for you—and eliminates the temptation to respond to every message as it comes in
• Working through a backlog of messages that have already accumulated.
By reducing the amount of time you spend on email, you’ll be able to focus your time and attention on the work that matters most to you.
The book also includes a 30-minute quick guide to setting up your first email filter, getting you on your way to a cleaner, more manageable inbox.
Interested in learning more about how social media can help you get ahead of your daily work—and get ahead in your career? Look for more in this series of short, digital books from Harvard Business Review Press and social media expert Alexandra Samuel. Other installments provide the best tips and tricks for using tools like Evernote, Twitter, HootSuite, and Gmail to get organized and improve your performance on the job.
- Title: Work Smarter, Rule Your Email
- Release date: February 2014
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: None
You might also like
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing People (with featured article “Leadership That Gets Results,” by Daniel Goleman)
Managing people is fraught with challenges—even if you're a seasoned manager. Here's how to handle them. …
Faster, Fewer, Better Emails
Business communication expert and bestselling author Dianna Booher shares practical wisdom on how to write effective …
The Encyclopedia of Business Letters, Faxes, and E-mail
Business writing has been transformed in our era from long, leisurely letters to fast faxes, instant …
Business Writing For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Business writing that gets results The ability to write well is a key part of your …