1. A transcript of the Ford–Carter debate can be found online at the Commission on Presidential Debates (1976).
2. The definition of information as a difference appears in Bateson (1972).
3. Formalizations of the notion that public awareness of the use of economic and social indicators by policy-makers will result in actions by outside parties that reduce the effectiveness of these indicators for the purposes of making policy include Goodhart’s law, Campbell’s law, and the Lucas critique. See Goodhart (1975), Campbell (1976), and Lucas (1976).
1. Basic techniques for analyzing time series data are presented in Stengel & Chaffe-Stengel (forthcoming).
2. Estimation of seasonal factors and their use in deseasonalizing ...