Chapter 1. Zabbix Configuration
In this chapter we will cover the following topics:
- Server installation and configuration
- Agent installation and configuration
- Frontend installation and configuration
- Installing Zabbix from source
- Installing the server in a distributed setup
We will begin with the installation and configuration of a Zabbix server, Zabbix agent, and web interface. We will make use of our package manager for the installation. Not only will we show you how to install and configure Zabbix, we will also show you how to compile everything from source. We will also cover the installation of the Zabbix server in a distributed way.