Taking into account that many of today's digital artists -- particularly 3D character animators -- lack foundational artistic instruction, this book teaches anatomy in a coherent and succinct style. A clear writing style explains how to sculpt an accurate human figure, starting with the skeleton and working out to muscle, fat, and skin. Insightful explanations enable you to quickly and easily create and design characters that can be used in film, game, or print, and allows you to gain a strong understanding of the foundational artistic concepts.
Table of contents
- Dear Reader,
- About the Author
1. Blocking In the Mesh
- 1.1. Sculpting the Figure
- 1.2. Gesture, Form, and Proportion
- 1.3. Anatomical Terminology
- 1.4. Creating a Base Sculpting Mesh
- 1.5. What's Next?
2. Gesture and Masses
- 2.1. Looking at the Figure as a Whole
- 2.2. Sculpting a Basic Figure
- 2.3. What's Next?
3. The Head and Neck
- 3.1. The Skull
- 3.2. The Facial Muscles
- 3.3. The Facial Features
- 3.4. Final Adjustments
- 3.5. What's Next?
- 4. The Torso
5. The Arms
- 5.1. Basic Forms
- 5.2. Muscular and Skeletal Anatomy
- 5.3. Sculpting the Arm
- 5.4. What's Next?
6. The Pelvis and Legs
- 6.1. Basic Pelvis and Leg Forms
- 6.2. Skeletal and Muscular Anatomy
- 6.3. Sculpting the Pelvis and Legs
- 6.4. What's Next?
7. Hands, Feet, and Figure Finish
- 7.1. Anatomy of the Hands and Feet
- 7.2. Sculpting the Hand
- 7.3. Sculpting the Feet
- 7.4. Finishing the Figure
- 8.1. What Is Remeshing?
- 8.2. Why Remesh?
- 8.3. Introducing the ZBrush Topology Tools
- 8.4. Remeshing a Head with NEX
- 8.5. What's Next?
- 9.1. UV Texture Coordinates
- 9.2. Creating Texture Maps for Skin
- 9.3. Exporting Textures from ZBrush
- 9.4. Surface Noise
10. Creating a Costume
- 10.1. A Costume Workflow
- 10.2. Creating the Mask
- 10.3. Sculpting the Costume Details
- 10.4. Storing, Recalling, and Editing Masks as Alphas
- 10.5. What's Next
- A. About the Companion DVD
- Title: ZBrush Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy
- Release date: January 2010
- Publisher(s): Sybex
- ISBN: 9780470450260
You might also like
Introducing ZBrush 3rd Edition
Learn ZBrush inside and out with this updated new edition Get totally comfortable sculpting in a …
ZBrush® Character Creation: Advanced Digital Sculpting, Second Edition
This ebook does not provide access to the companion materials. A stunning, content-rich update to this …
ZBrush Creature Design: Creating Dynamic Concept Imagery for Film and Games
Zero in on the most cutting-edge trend in creature design for film and games: ZBrush! ZBrush …
ZBrush Professional Tips and Techniques
Learn to work effectively and creatively with all versions of ZBrush! ZBrush is used by top …