Press Release: April 20, 2018
Strata Data Conference in London announces expanded program
Boston, MA—Strata Data Conference in London, part of the world's largest series of data conferences, returns to the ExCeL London 22–24 May, 2018. Recognized as the only gathering in big data and data science that cuts across vendors, technologies, and frameworks, Strata offers practical knowledge about how to turn algorithms into business advantage. O'Reilly and Cloudera present Strata.
Strata's program introduces techniques and technologies, showcases use cases, and explores the importance of ethics, privacy, and security. Highlights include a new Findata Day and Strata Business Summit, with two days of executive briefings; Data Science and Machine Learning sessions covering tools, techniques, and case studies; and Data Engineering and Architecture sessions showcasing streaming and real-time applications, with the data platforms used by several leading companies.
Chairs Ben Lorica, Doug Cutting, and Alistair Croll have invited data experts and innovators to share their knowledge at Strata. Featured speakers include:
- Eva Kaili, European Parliament: The Science and Technology Options Assessment Panel
- Pierre Romera, International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ)
- Martha Lane Fox, CBE, Doteveryone
- Christine Hung, Spotify
- Zubin Siganporia, ED Analytics
- Elisa Celis, School of Computer and Communication Scientists at EFPL
- Ihab Ilyas, University of Waterloo/Tamr
- Mike Olson, Cloudera
- Radim Řehůřek, RARE Technologies Ltd
- Guillaume Chaslot, AlgoTransparency
- Jacques Nadeau, Dremio
- Julie Shin, Citigroup
- Audrey Lobo-Pulo, The Australian Treasury
- Aurélien Géron, Kiwisoft
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.