Get A Practical Guide to Fedora™ and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.
Fedora/RHEL Configures a Local Printer Automatically 562
JumpStart I: Configuring a Printer Using system-config-printer 562
JumpStart II: Setting Up a Local or Remote Printer 565
Working with the CUPS Web Interface 568
Traditional UNIX Printing 577
The CUPS Web Interface 571
CUPS on the Command Line 572
Print from Windows 579
Printing to Windows 581
After reading this chapter you should be able to:
• Explain Fedora/RHEL in the purpose of a printing subsystem
• Describe the capabilities of CUPS
• Define IPP and explain its role with CUPS
• Use system-config-printer to install and manage local and remote printers
• Use the CUPS Web interface to install and manage local or remote printers
• Share ...