What is a family in Autodesk® Revit® Architecture? In the simplest terms, a family is a repeatable piece of geometry you can use throughout your project. In this chapter you will review and work with various exercises to develop a better understanding of the different types of families.
In this chapter, you'll learn to:
- View and modify the family category
- Work with and load system families
- Work with and load component families
- Save out and reload component families
- Work with hosted families
- Work with face-based families
- Work with shared nested families
- Create an in-place family
- Find and load family content into your project
Understanding the Model Hierarchy
In Chapter 2 (“Walls and Curtain Walls”), Chapter 3 (“Floors, ...