There's no better time than now to remake your career and life
Neuroscience research reveals that creativity spikes in our later years—making midlife an ideal time to change professions. This breakthrough career-reinvention guide shows workers in their forties and over how to leverage this newfound potential.
Boundless Potential empowers you with the knowledge, inspiration, and tools to kick-start anything from a new entrepreneurial venture to a new career. Using case studies, interviews, and revelations from cutting-edge research, it offers a blueprint for personal and work reinvention in midlife and a glimpse of the true lifelong potential of the human mind.
Mark S. Walton is a professor of leadership in the U.S. Navy's Advanced Management Program and a distinguished lecturer in management at the Senior Executive Institute and Kenan-Flagler Graduate Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. His book Generating Buy-In was selected by Soundview Executive Summaries as one of the Top 30 business books of the year.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Boundless Potential: Transform Your Brain, Unleash Your Talents, Reinvent Your Work in Midlife and Beyond
- Copyright Page
part 1 The Reinventive Process
- Chapter 1 The New Normal
- Chapter 2 Where Is Your Fascination?
- Chapter 3 A Blueprint for Reinvention
- Chapter 4 Structuring Your Future
- Chapter 5 Diverted to the Desert
- part 2 The Science of Lifelong Success
- part 3 Happiness Built to Last
- About the Author
- Title: Boundless Potential: Transform Your Brain, Unleash Your Talents, and Reinvent Your Work in Midlife and Beyond
- Release date: March 2012
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071787864
You might also like
WHAT’S STOPPING YOU FROM BEING YOUR BEST? YOU ARE! If you’re suffering from stress or negative …
Pictures of the Mind: What the New Neuroscience Tells Us About Who We Are
Neuroscientists once believed your brain was essentially "locked down" by adulthood. No new cells. No major …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Deep Learning for Coders with fastai and PyTorch
Deep learning is often viewed as the exclusive domain of math PhDs and big tech companies. …