Build a world-class team culture with proven principles from renowned “Follow My Lead” podcaster and business leader John Eades
Organizational culture has undergone a seismic shift in the 21st century—and with it, the requirements of leadership. In Building the Best, LearnLoft CEO John Eades takes you on a journey of transformation that will equip you with the tools you need to become the kind of cutting-edge leader today’s workplace so urgently needs.
“Leadership is about empowering, inspiring, and serving in order to elevate others over an extended period of time. You are the perfect person to live this out every day.” Eades’s powerful words form the backbone of this groundbreaking guide to cultivating leadership at its highest level.
Beginning with the benefits of great leadership—and the drawbacks of bad leadership—Eades offers real-life examples of leaders who elevate others, and how their practices have paid huge dividends. At its core is a carefully balanced blend of “love and discipline”—a guiding principle that helps create high levels of performance by leaning on standards while at the same time caring about the long-term success and well-being of each team member.
Through these proven practices, you’ll learn to:
• Identify your current leadership style
• Rely on the “purpose trifecta” to guide your team
• Be a leader who properly leverages the “Acts of Accountability” model
• Create a “Maximizing Mantra” to produce energy and results
• Develop the skills of others by understanding the “4 Stages of Role Development”
Leadership is a journey, not a destination. Building the Best offers a powerful blueprint for embarking on that journey—the first step in taking your team or organization toward true greatness.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- PART I Change Your Heart
- PART II Start with the Fundamentals
- PART III Balance People and Performance
- PART IV Never Forget These
- About the Author
- Title: Building the Best: 8 Proven Leadership Principles to Elevate Others to Success
- Release date: November 2019
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781260458176
You might also like
The Art of Leadership (Audio Book)
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with managers who practice or …
Building the Best: 8 Proven Leadership Principles to Elevate Others to Success (Audio Book)
Popular Follow My Lead Podcaster John Eades delivers a proven method to boost staff performance, improve …
The Manager's Path (Audio Book)
Managing people is difficult wherever you work. But in the tech industry, where management is also …
The more traditional forms of leadership that are based on static hierarchies and professional distance between …