Questions to Ask Business Valuation Experts
This chapter consists of a partial list of questions that are useful to ask potential valuation experts. The questions are applicable in all types of valuation cases including family law, state dissenting stockholder or minority oppression actions, bankruptcy cases, ad valorem cases, and tax cases, regardless of the standard of value.
Are you employed? Where?
Please describe your employment history.
Please describe your educational background.
Did your work experience allow you to get involved in ?
Did you have occasion to focus on ?
Since you began your career, what work have you done in the area of ?
Do you have a copy of your resume?
Please describe any articles you have written that have been published.
Have you ever been recognized as an expert in any court on the subject of ?
Have you previously authored articles, presented opinions in any form, or offered any testimony that is contrary to the opinion you intend to give here?
What professional designations do you hold that relate to business valuation?
- American Society of Appraisers
- FASA—Fellow of American Society of Appraisers
- ASA—Accredited Senior Appraiser
- AM—Accredited Member
- ARM—Appraisal Review and Management
- Institute of Business Appraisers
- MCBA—Master Certified Business Appraiser
- CBA—Certified Business Appraiser
- BVAL—Business Valuator Accredited for Litigation
- FIBA—Fellow of the Institute of Business Appraisers
- AIBA—Accredited by ...