In This Chapter
- Solving separable differential equations
- Exploring exponential and logistical growth and decay
- Approximating the value of a function using linear approximations and Euler’s method
- Using slope fields to sketch functions
- Solving first order linear differential equations
Many applications in mathematics come from the analysis of the rate at which quantities change. Translated, this means that we have data about the derivative (the rate of change). This is useful information, but it also is often the case that we would like to be able to determine the value of the function whose derivative is known. ...