By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Communicate your expectations.
• Assess a coachee’s skill level.
• Define the purpose of coaching.
• Design a coaching contract.
Effective coaches rely on a step-by-step roadmap to execute the coaching process. Exhibit 3–1 illustrates the seven-step coaching process. We explore this process in Chapters 3 and 4, examining the first four steps in this chapter:
• Step One: Communicate Your Expectations
• Step Two: Assess Coachees’ Skill and Motivation Level
• Step Three: Define the Purpose of Coaching
• Step Four: Agree on a Coaching ...