3 Data classification
This chapter covers
- Data classification: what it means for your customers
- Why data classification is necessary
- How you can implement data classification
- How data classification can help satisfy your compliance challenges
- How data classification can work cross-functionally
- An end-to-end data classification process
In the first two chapters, I introduced the basics of privacy and what it means for your business. We then built a mental model that connects privacy to trust and safety, so that rather than an altruistic abstraction, privacy becomes a critical business goal.
Subsequently, we identified data as the building construct for privacy because of
Its power to identify individuals
Its abundance, thanks to ubiquitous ...