Book descriptionDesign of Modern Communication Networks focuses on methods and algorithms related to the design of communication networks, using optimization, graph theory, probability theory and simulation techniques. The book discusses the nature and complexity of the network design process, then introduces theoretical concepts, problems and solutions. It demonstrates the design of network topology and traditional loss networks, followed by uncontrolled packet networks, flow-controlled networks, and multiservice networks. Access network design is reviewed, and the book concludes by considering the design of survivable (reliable) networks and various reliability concepts.
- A toolbox of algorithms: The book provides practical advice on implementing algorithms, including the programming aspects of combinatorial algorithms.
- Extensive solved problems and illustrations: Wherever possible, different solution methods are applied to the same examples to compare performance and verify precision and applicability.
- Technology-independent: Solutions are applicable to a wide range of network design problems without relying on particular technologies.
Table of contents
- Cover image
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- 1: Introduction
- 2: Networks and Flows
- 3: Advanced Flow Theory
- 4: Topological Design
- 5: Stochastic Processes and Queues
- 6: Loss Networks
- 7: Simple Packet Networks
- 8: Flow-Controlled Packet Networks
- 9: Effective Bandwidth
- 10: Multi-Service Systems
- 11: Multi-Service Network Analysis
- 12: Survivable Networks
- Title: Design of Modern Communication Networks
- Release date: March 2014
- Publisher(s): Academic Press
- ISBN: 9780124076877
You might also like
Networks on Chips
The design of today's semiconductor chips for various applications, such as telecommunications, poses various challenges due …
Practical Guide Provides Students and Industry Professionals with Latest Information on 5G Mobile Networks Continuing the …
Essential Algorithms, 2nd Edition
A friendly introduction to the most useful algorithms written in simple, intuitive English The revised and …
Understanding the Linux Kernel, 3rd Edition
In order to thoroughly understand what makes Linux tick and why it works so well on …