- aborts (transactions), Transactions, Atomicity
- abstraction, Simplicity: Managing Complexity, Data Models and Query Languages, Transactions, Summary, Consistency and Consensus
- access path (in network model), The network model, The SPARQL query language
- accidental complexity, removing, Simplicity: Managing Complexity
- accountability, Responsibility and accountability
- ACID properties (transactions), Transaction Processing or Analytics?, The Meaning of ACID
- acknowledgements (messaging), Acknowledgments and redelivery
- active/active replication (see multi-leader replication)
- active/passive replication (see leader-based replication)
- ActiveMQ (messaging), Message brokers, Message brokers compared to databases
- ActiveRecord (object-relational mapper), The Object-Relational Mismatch, Handling errors and aborts
- actor model, Distributed actor frameworks
- Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (see AMQP) ...
Get Designing Data-Intensive Applications now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.