For more and more companies in a world that's changing fast, there’s only one way to win the game: transform it entirely. For anyone who wants to thrive in this new order, this requires a revolution in thinking--a steady stream of disruptive strategies and unexpected solutions. Disrupt: Think the Unthinkable to Spark Transformation in Your Business shows how to generate and execute those solutions--a disruptive approach for a disruptive age.
Author Luke Williams demonstrates his experience creating disruptive products and services at frog design, one of the world’s leading innovation firms. Williams combines the fluid creativity of "disruptive thinking" with the analytical rigor that is indispensable to business success. The result is a simple yet complete five-stage process for imagining a powerful market disruption and transforming it into reality.
Using many examples and a book-length case study of Little Miss Matched, Williams shows how the more unexpected an idea, the smaller the number of competitors, and the more successful the company that brings it to market. He walks through generating a disruptive hypothesis, defining a disruptive market opportunity, creating multiple disruptive ideas, shaping them into an actionable solution, and persuading key stakeholders to adopt or invest in the solution.
Disrupt offers readers a systematic way to redefine the future of a company, catch entire industries by surprise, and leave competitors scrambling to catch up.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- INTRODUCTION: Disruptive Thinking: The Revolution Is in Full Swing
- Chapter 1: Crafting a Disruptive Hypothesis: Be Wrong at the Start to Be right at the end
- Chapter 2: Discovering a Disruptive Opportunity: Explore the Least Obvious
- Chapter 3: Generating a Disruptive Idea: Unexpected Ideas have Fewer Competitors
- Chapter 4: Shaping a Disruptive Solution: Novelty for Novelty’s Sake Is a Resource Killer
- Chapter 5: Making a Disruptive Pitch: Under prepare the Obvious, Over prepare the Unusual
- EPILOGUE: An Instinct for Change: look Where No one Else is looking
- Quick Reference Guide: Process Summary
- About the Author
- Title: Disrupt: Think the Unthinkable to Spark Transformation in Your Business
- Release date: December 2010
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9780132612029
You might also like
Disrupt: Think the Unthinkable to Spark Transformation in Your Business
&>Master a complete five-step program for identifying and executing on disruptive business opportunities! Now updated and …
How to Craft a Disruptive Hypothesis: Be Wrong at the Start to Be Right at the End
This Element is an excerpt from Disrupt: Think the Unthinkable to Spark Transformation in Your Business …
Writing Interactive Fiction with Twine
Writing Interactive Fiction with Twine: Play Inside a Story If you’ve ever dreamed about walking through …
Business Innovation Insights (Collection), 2/e
An up-to-the-minute collection of techniques for jumpstarting innovation in any market, product, service, or process Hot …