If you like building websites with Drupal you’ll love this guide to introducing multimedia to your sites. Packed with examples, it helps you use HTML5 and the Drupal eco-system to achieve brilliant results.
- Leverage the best Drupal community modules for media integration
- Extend media resources such as image styles, slideshows, galleries, and media management to enrich the user experience
- Learn how to use HTML5 for responsive web design and semantic websites, and implement a better cross-compatible web application
Integrating images, video, and audio content on a Drupal site requires knowledge of appropriate community modules, and an understanding of how to configure and connect them properly. With the power of up-to-date technologies such as HTML5, responsive web design, and the best modules available in Drupal's eco-system, we can create the best Drupal 7 media website.
Drupal 7 Media is a practical, hands-on guide that will introduce you to the basic structure of a Drupal site and guide you through the integration of images, videos, and audio content. Learn to leverage the most suitable community modules and up-to-date technology such as HTML5 to offer a great user experience through rich media content.
The book begins with a practical introduction to the basic Drupal building blocks. It then breaks down each media resource, and explores them in detail.
You will learn how to leverage Drupal’s community modules to implement support for images, videos, and audio content, along with the best practices for implementation. We will be mentioning ideas throughout the book, which you can extend upon and use to build your own web applications. We will explore HTML5 support for media resources, the semantic web, and responsive web design, which are key topics in modern web application development. We will then build upon this knowledge and add more functionality to our sample website, such as support for analytic charts and customizing images, all of which we will implement using our own custom modules.
You will learn everything you need to know about building, extending, and configuring a Drupal 7 media web application.
Table of Contents
Drupal 7 Media
- Table of Contents
- Drupal 7 Media
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
- 1. Drupal's Building Blocks
- 2. Views, Blocks, and Themes
- 3. Working with Images
- 4. HTML5 in Drupal
5. Video Capabilities
- Adding videos hosted on third-party websites
- Customizing videos
- Adding videos hosted locally
- Galleries and playlists
6. Audio Capabilities
- Supported audio formats
- Enabling audio play
- Customizing audio nodes
- Leveraging audio metadata
7. Leveraging Other HTML5 Features
- RDFa and Microdata
- Visualizing data with graphical charts
- Responsive web design
8. Enhancing Media Content
- Understanding media configuration
- Multiple file uploads
- Extending image style effects
- Enabling rating of content
- 9. Drupal 8 and Beyond
- Title: Drupal 7 Media
- Release date: July 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849516082