Get full access to Engineering Trustworthy Systems: Get Cybersecurity Design Right the First Time and 60K+ other titles, with a free 10-day trial of O'Reilly.
There are also live events, courses curated by job role, and more.
• 7.1 Attack Trees and Forests
• 7.1.1 Attack Tree Structure
• 7.1.2 Deriving Attack Scenarios
• 7.1.3 From Trees to Forests
• 7.2 System Failures Predict Cybersecurity Failures
• 7.2.1 Inspirational Catastrophes
• 7.2.2 The 10x Rule
• 7.2.3 Feigning Failure
• 7.3 Understanding Failure Is the Key to Success: The Five Whys
• 7.3.1 Why Five Whys?
• 7.3.2 Projecting Fishbones
• 7.4 Forests Should Be Representative, Not Exhaustive
• 7.5 Drive Each Attack Tree Layer by Asking How
• 7.6 Go as Deep as Needed and No Deeper
• 7.7 Beware of External Dependencies
• 7.7.1 Just in Time
• 7.7.2 Information Dependency
• 7.7.3 Creating Redundancy
• Describe ...
Get Engineering Trustworthy Systems: Get Cybersecurity Design Right the First Time now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.
Get Mark Richards’s Software Architecture Patterns ebook to better understand how to design components—and how they should interact.
Dive in for free with a 10-day trial of the O’Reilly learning platform—then explore all the other resources our members count on to build skills and solve problems every day.