NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE AT WRITING CODE, without proper knowledge of Integrated Development Environments (IDEs), you will face many obstacles. This book covers Google's Android Studio, the official tool for developing Android applications. Each chapter focuses on a specific topic, progressing from the basics of how to use the IDE to advanced topics such as writing plugins to extend the capabilities of the IDE.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for developers with any level of experience. Whether you are new to Android or a seasoned Android developer who used Eclipse-based ADT before, this book will bring you to a level where you can unleash your true development potential by making use of Android Studio's tools.
WHAT THIS BOOK COVERS
This book not only covers features of Android Studio essential for developing Android apps but also touches on topics related to the whole development cycle. The following are just a few examples of the topics covered that are basic to Android Studio or that extend its capabilities:
- Sharing and versioning your code with Git
- Managing your builds with Gradle
- Keeping your code maintainable and bug free with testing
- Controlling the whole build and test cycle with Continuous Integration
- Writing plugins for Android Studio to extend its capabilities and add desired custom features
- Using third-party tools with Android Studio to improve the development process
HOW THIS BOOK IS STRUCTURED
Each chapter focuses on a specific topic related ...