Take control of your Facebook profile
When you join Facebook, you're joining a community with over two billion people spread around the globe. It helps to have the insight on not only how to set up your profile and add content, but also how to make sure you control who sees—and doesn't see—your posts. Facebook For Dummies provides the trusted guidance you need to set up a profile, add content, and apply the many tools Facebook provides to give you control of your content.
Primarily known as a way for individuals to share information, photos and videos, and calendar invitations, Facebook has gained prominence as a means to spread news, market products, and serve as a business platform. Whatever you’re looking to use it for, this book shows you how to use all the features available to make it a more satisfying experience.
- Build your profile and start adding friends
- Use Facebook to send private messages and instant notes
- Discover ways to set privacy and avoid online nuisances
- Launch a promotion page
Get ready to have a whole lot of fun on the largest social network in the world.
Table of contents
Part 1: Getting Started with Facebook
- Chapter 1: The Many Faces of Facebook
- Chapter 2: Adding Your Own Face to Facebook
- Chapter 3: Finding Your Way Around Facebook
Part 2: Day-to-Day Facebook
- Chapter 4: The Daily Facebook: News Feed and Posting
- Chapter 5: Timeline: The Story of You
- Chapter 6: Privacy and Safety on Facebook
- Chapter 7: Facebook on the Go
Part 3: Connecting with Friends on Facebook
- Chapter 8: Finding Facebook Friends
- Chapter 9: Just between You and Me: Facebook Messages
- Chapter 10: Sharing with Facebook Groups
Part 4: What to Do on Facebook
- Chapter 11: Filling Facebook with Photos and Videos
- Chapter 12: Buying, Selling, and Fundraising
- Chapter 13: Scheduling Your Life with Events
- Chapter 14: Creating a Page for Promotion
- Chapter 15: Using Facebook with Games, Websites, and Apps
Part 5: The Part of Tens
- Chapter 16: Ten Ways to Make the Most of Your Facebook Content
- Chapter 17: Ten Ways Facebook Uniquely Impacts Lives
Chapter 18: Ten Frequently Asked Questions
- Do People Know When I Look at Their Timelines?
- I Friended Too Many People and Now I Don’t Like Sharing Stuff — What Can I Do?
- What’s with the New Facebook — Can I Change It Back?
- I Have a Problem with My Account — Can You Help Me?
- What Do I Do with Friend Requests I Don’t Want to Accept?
- Why Can’t I Find My Friend?
- Will Facebook Start Charging Me to Use the Site?
- How Do I Convince My Friends to Join Facebook?
- What If I Don’t Want Everyone Knowing My Business?
- Does Facebook Have a Feature That Lets Me Lock Myself Out for a Few Hours?
Chapter 19: Ten Tips for Parents of Teens on Facebook
- Talk to Teens about General Internet Safety
- Beware of Strangers
- Teach Teens How to Report Abuse
- Teach Teens How to Block People
- Learn to Use Privacy Settings
- Talk about Posts and Consequences
- Remember the Golden Rule
- Respect Teens’ Boundaries
- Don’t Send Friend Requests to Teens’ Friends
- Make Space for Your Own Social Life, and Your Family Life, on Facebook
- About the Authors
- Advertisement Page
- Connect with Dummies
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Facebook For Dummies, 7th Edition
- Release date: March 2018
- Publisher(s): For Dummies
- ISBN: 9781119453864
You might also like
Digital Marketing All-In-One For Dummies
Unlock the value in online marketing A well-executed digital marketing plan is a proven component of …
Instagram For Business For Dummies
Leverage the power of Instagram to promote your brand Instagram is the photo- and video-sharing app …
The Linux Command Line, 2nd Edition
The Linux Command Line takes you from your very first terminal keystrokes to writing full programs …
WordPress All-In-One For Dummies, 4th Edition
Set up your WordPress site today! WordPress is a state-of-the-art blog publishing platform with a focus …