All references are with respect to page numbers. If the reference is a figure, the page number will be in italics. If the reference is made to a table, the page number will be in bold print.
Three entries are giants in American industry: Henry Ford, Steve Jobs, and Dave Packard. They are so listed in the index.
The standards: ANSI/ISO/ASQ 9000 (2005), 9001 (2015), and 9004 (2009) are fundamental to this book and appear frequently in many chapters. Therefore, they are listed in this index only when they are used as a reference in the narrative.
- Abernathy, R. B.
- Abraham, B.
- Accelerated product testing see Reliability testing
- Acceptable deviation rate (ADR). see Sampling
- Acceptable performance level
- Accountability, as a control
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Alleman, F.
- Alpha error. (see also Type I error)
- American Bar Association
- ANAB (American National Accreditation Board)
- Anderson, E. W.
- ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
- standards and strict liability
- standards as good business practices
- ANSI/ASQC (1987). ANSI/ASQC Q91‐1987. American National Standard: Quality
- systems—Model for Quality Assurance on Design/Development, Production
- Installation and Servicing
- ANSI/ISO/ASQ (2009). ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9004‐2009: Quality Management Systems—managing for Sustained Success of an Organization
- component of the set of standards ISO 9000
- guidelines for performance excellence
- recognition in duty of care
- ANSI/ISO/ASQ (2005). ANSI/ISO/ASQ ...