Chapter 5. Diving Deeper
Now that we have learned about text manipulation with Copy mode and paste buffers, we have discussed most of the basics of working with tmux. Let's dive deeper into some more advanced usage topics that could be helpful in your daily workflow.
We have gotten a taste of these items already, but this time around, we will explore them in more depth. In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Understanding tmux commands and Command mode
- Advanced paste buffer usage
- Jumping from one window in a session to a window in another session
- Moving windows
- Linking a window between sessions
- Breaking panes
- Joining panes
- Launching a session with default windows
Understanding tmux commands and Command mode
You may have noticed that in prior ...