History and Evolution of Health Care Information Systems
- To be able to describe the history and evolution of health care information systems from the 1960s to the present.
- To be able to identify the major advances in information technology and significant federal initiatives that influenced the adoption of health care information systems.
- To be able to identify the major types of administrative and clinical information systems used in health care.
- To be able to discuss why information technology (IT) adoption rates are lower in health care compared with other industries.
- To be able to discuss the relationship between incentives and health care IT adoption and use.
After reading Chapters One, Two, and Three (or ...