Hello! HTML5 & CSS3 is written for the web designer or developer who wants a fast, example-oriented introduction to the new HTML and CSS features. This snappy, user-friendly, and fun guide will get you started right away.
About this Book
Whether you’re building web pages, mobile apps, or desktop apps, you need to learn HTML5 and CSS3. So why wait? Hello! HTML5 & CSS3 is a smart, snappy, and fun way to get started now.
In this example-rich guide to HTML5 and CSS3, you’ll start with a user-friendly introduction to HTML5 markup and then take a quick tour through forms, graphics, drag-and-drop, multimedia, and more. Next, you’ll explore CSS3, including new features like drop shadows, borders, colors, gradients, and backgrounds. Every step of the way, you’ll find hands-on examples, both large and small, to help you learn by doing.
- Easy-to-follow intro to HTML5 and CSS3
- Fully illustrated and loaded with examples
- Designed for low-stress learning
- No prior experience needed!
- Don’t worry—you aren’t alone! The cast of characters from User Friendly is learning HTML5 and CSS3 along with you as you read.
About the Author
Rob Crowther is a web developer and blogger based in London, UK. Currently he works for a small software company building web applications for corporate clients such as BNP Paribas, BNY Mellon, Honeywell, and Young & Co.’s Brewery.
Table of contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About This Book
- Part 1. Learning HTML5
- Chapter 1. Introducing HTML5 markup
- Chapter 2. HTML5 forms
- Chapter 3. Dynamic graphics
- Chapter 4. Audio and video
- Chapter 5. Browser-based APIs
- Chapter 6. Network and location APIs
- Part 2. Learning CSS3
- Chapter 7. New CSS language features
- Chapter 8. Layout with CSS3
- Chapter 9. Motion and color
- Chapter 10. Borders and backgrounds with CSS3
- Chapter 11. Text and fonts
- Appendix A. A history of web standards
- Appendix B. HTML basics
- Appendix C. CSS basics
- Title: Hello! HTML5 & CSS3: A user-friendly reference guide
- Release date: October 2012
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781935182894
You might also like
HTML5 in Action
HTML5 in Action provides a complete introduction to web development using HTML5. It explores the HTML5 …
TypeScript Quickly teaches you to exploit the benefits of types in browser-based and standalone applications. In …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …