Book descriptionTurbocharge your professional success and accelerate your career.
This practical guide cuts the fluff and gives you real, tangible, actionable steps you can take to build your own world-class network. Even if you think the terms “personal branding” or “networking” sound sleazy, How to Get Ahead teaches you how to earn more, learn more, get more done, and set yourself up for long-term career success.
THIS PROVEN, SIX-STEP SYSTEM TEACHES YOU HOW TO:
• Stop spinning your wheels and set professional goals that you can actually achieve.
• Identify, reach out to, and learn from mentors, teachers, and advisors to shave years off your learning and avoid painful mistakes.
• Eliminate overwhelm and burnout through a personalized project management system
Identify and signal your skills and expertise to unleash your own personal brand.
• Discover The “Seven Deadly Sins of Networking” that kill your chances of building a world-class network— and how to avoid them.
• Tap into your own personal network and get introductions influential people—even if you hate “networking.”
• Make people want to work with you — even if you hate “pitching.”
Whether you’re an employee, a business owner, an academic, a student, or an aspiring “digital nomad,” this book gives you the steps to set up your own system for professional success.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction: Why Do Most Career Books Suck?
- Chapter 1 Focus
- Chapter 2 Learn
- Chapter 3 Execute
- Chapter 4 Signal
- Chapter 5 Connect
- Chapter 6 Close
- Conclusion: Putting It All Together
- Bibliography and Further Reading
- About the Author
- Title: How to Get Ahead: A Proven 6-Step System to Unleash Your Personal Brand and Build a World-Class Network So Opportunities Come To You
- Release date: May 2019
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781260441857
You might also like
Personal Branding For Dummies, 2nd Edition
The simple guide to managing your personal brand, a vital element of success in the professional …
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide
Validate your AWS skills. This is your opportunity to take the next step in your career …
The Art of Leadership
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with a select few who …
The Manager's Path
Managing people is difficult wherever you work. But in the tech industry, where management is also …