After reading this chapter, you should be able to perform the following tasks:
• Describe Cisco IOS gatekeeper functionality.
• Configure gatekeepers for device registration, address resolution, and call routing.
• Implement gatekeeper-based CAC.
• Describe Cisco Unified Border Element (Cisco UBE) functions and features and how a Cisco UBE is used in current enterprise environments.
• Implement a Cisco UBE router to provide protocol interworking.
Gatekeepers play a major part in medium-sized and large H.323 VoIP network solutions. Gatekeepers allow for dial-plan scalability and reduce the need to manage global dial plans locally. This chapter describes the functions of a gatekeeper ...